Become An Instructor
Learn The Right Way Make A Difference in Your Community
Hopewell CPR Training is an American Heart Association Training Center and we are happy to let you know that we are accepting instructors for alignment. If you are looking to becoming a new instructor, change alignment or qualify to renew your instructor status, we can help.
AHA BLS Instructor Course
BLS instructor candidates must meet certain requirements before taking the Instructor Essentials Course. Before attending the hands-on session (facilitated by faculty), all instructor candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be aligned with an AHA TC − Instructor candidates must have a TC that has agreed to accept them as an instructor once they have completed Instructor Essentials and their monitoring is completed.
- Have a current AHA BLS Provider course completion card
- Be proficient in the skills of BLS − If we feel that instructor candidates need to be retested in their skills of BLS, this will be included as part of the Instructor Essentials Course.
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application
- Successfully complete the online portion of Instructor Essentials.
As a BLS Instructor, candidates will also be able to teach any course within the Heartsaver portfolio. Even though instructor candidates will be able to teach both BLS Provider and Heartsaver courses after completing the BLS Instructor Essentials Course, you need only a BLS Provider card to take BLS Instructor Essentials.
Steps to become an AHA BLS Instructor
There are 4 steps to become an AHA Instructor. For successful completion, instructor candidates must:
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center (TC) before enrolling in an Instructor Essentials Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with that TC.
- Have current AHA Provider status in the discipline for that Instructor Essentials Course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline
- Successfully complete the Instructor Essentials Course, including both the online and hands-on session.
- Successfully be monitored teaching within 6 months after completing the hands-on session of the Instructor Essentials Course (Training Center Coordinators [TCCs] may require additional monitoring, if needed).
AHA Alignment Transfer Request
If you are already an AHA BLS Instructor and looking to transfer your alignment to a local Training Center that meet your needs or seeking a secondary alignment, we are currently accepting alignments to our Training Center.
Please, follow the link below to download the Instructor Transfer form.